Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Muffin Greatness

Opening my refrigerator today I realized I had some blueberries that wouldn't make it til tomorrow before they would have to be thrown out. Those tiny, blue, antioxidant filled orbs were staring at me from their spot on the shelf saying "save me, save me". I just couldn't let them go to waste. Right next to them was a package of blackberries that were meant for smoothies, but I didn't feel like making smoothies with them once I got them home from the store. After a few minutes of experimenting, and a few more minutes in the oven I ended up with a delightful, lightly sweetened muffin. My first thought when I took a bite while they were still warm was......... cobbler. My intention was just to make a simple muffin with berries in it. I had no idea that it would end up tasting like a cobbler, but, boy am I glad that they did.




I am working on the recipe, because as I said this was an experiment. I didn't write everything down as I went along. Once I have everything written down I will post the recipe with more photos. In the meantime I am going to try not to eat all the muffins at once.

No comments: